Online Roulette: Spin the Wheel of Luck
When you think of the bustling Vegas casinos, you probably picture casino roulette. It’s something to do with the thrilling sounds, the suspense, and the black and red spinning wheels. But, you don’t have to travel to Vegas to experience the excitement of the game – you can play online roulette from the comfort of your home at one of our Canadian online casinos.
One of the best reasons to play roulette online is that you don’t need a lot of tactics. In fact, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the game. With average payouts of 95% – 98%, online roulette offers fair odds and loads of opportunities.
Whether you have never played roulette or you’re looking for ways to increase your winnings when you next spin the wheel, the Online Casino Canada team have put together a guide to improving your game.
Best Casinos to Play Online Roulette
Whether you’d prefer to try your luck with free play or are ready to play online roulette for real money, there are a few features to look out for when choosing online casinos. Most importantly, you should choose legal and registered Canadian online casinos that offer regulated and fair casino roulette.
When you want to play roulette online for real money, you can look forward to a myriad of advantages. For starters, the game is much faster since you don’t have to wait for other players to place bets. You also won’t have to crowd around a busy table – it’s just you and the dealer. So, let’s talk about how to get started with this fast-paced, thrilling online game.
Get Started: How to Play Casino Roulette
There are only 6 things to know when you want to play online roulette:
- Place your bets. Each bet goes on the roulette board. You can use your mouse to move the chips onto the board, either choosing a group of numbers, certain numbers, only even numbers or only odd numbers. Alternatively, you can ditch the numbers and bet on black or red.
- The ball will be released and the wheel spins.
- When the wheel comes to a stop, the ball will rest on a number.
- If the ball stops on the colour or number you bet on, you win.
- If you win, you may like to leave the winnings on the table and “let it ride.”
- If you want to “let it ride,” the game will start again and you stand to win even more.
Different Online Roulette Games
Before you play roulette online, you should familiarise yourself with variations of the game:
- French Roulette – numbers are laid out differently to the European and American versions of casino roulette. The odds and bets are the same as the European version, but the different layout means you will bet differently. You can place multi-number bets by placing chips on the line between the numbers.
- American Roulette – the wheels in this version of online roulette have the same pieces as its American counterpart, but there is an additional green symbol, 00. There are two spots on the American wheel that are not black or red, so the house tends to pick up a larger edge compared to European roulette.
- European Roulette – the wheel in European roulette features the numbers 1 – 36, with half black and half red. The board sports a green 0 which means players don’t have 50-50 odds of hitting either black or red, and this creates the house’s minimal edge.
Hints and Tips for Winning at Roulette
Are you ready to try your luck with casino roulette? Use these tips to improve your chances of winning:
- Know the payout odds before you bet – make smart bets and look after your bankroll. If you’re new to online roulette, it’s a good idea to combine the chance of a good payout with a good opportunity in the game.
- Start with even or odd if you’re just learning – this is the simplest betting system for roulette and it can bump up your chances of winning real cash while learning the game.
- Keep track of the numbers that come up the most when you are playing to attach the winning numbers – it’s as easy as sitting back and learning. The more you play roulette online, the sooner you will get a feel for the game and grow more confident with your bets.
- Know the different versions – when it comes to the house edge, European roulette tends to be kinder on players. As we mentioned, the American version has 00 which renders the house edge higher.
Our team only review reputable and regulated Canadian online casinos. If you want experience casino roulette, simply register with one of the casinos on our top list and start spinning!