Online Blackjack: A game of 21
Online blackjack is an enthralling game of skill. Sure, there is an element of luck involved when you play blackjack online, but having a strategy on your side gives you a better chance of beating the house and filling your coffers.
At its basic, blackjack is a straightforward game. You need to try and achieve a higher hand than the dealer, without going over 21. There are a few different strategies you can use to increase your chances of winning, but the more you play online blackjack Canada, the better you will become at judging different hands and knowing when to play or fold. The best part about online blackjack is that you can enjoy all the glitz of a real casino from the comfort of your favourite armchair.
Best Casinos to Play Blackjack Online
If you are eager to play blackjack online, the first step is to find a registered and legal online casino that meets your requirements. The casinos we review are reputable sites that allow you to play for both free and for real money. It’s important to play your favourite game at a trustworthy online casino that is regulated to ensure that games are fair and that the site will pay out your winnings. At Online Casinos Canada, we only recommend reliable sites.
If you’re a new blackjack player who wants to get in some practice before making a deposit, you can try out free games first. Once you feel more confident, or you’re keen to try out your advanced strategies, you can start playing for real money.
Get Started: How to Play Blackjack
When you want to indulge in online blackjack Canada, getting started is simple:
- Place a bet.
- You will be dealt two cards, face up. Each card has a numerical value: Jacks, Queens, and Kings are worth 10; Aces are worth 1 or 11; and cards 2 – 10 equal their number.
- The dealer is dealt two cards, too, one face up and one down.
- The sum of your two cards is your entire hand.
- Once you have your sum in front of you, decide whether you would like to hit, split, double down or stand. (see below for terms).
- Continue playing until you decide to stand or bust, which means your cards go over 21. This is an automatic loss.
- The dealer will play their hand last, hitting until they reach a plateau or busts.
- If you have more points than the dealer, but less than 21, or you stand and the dealer busts, you win the game.
- Here’s a guide to online blackjack terms:
- Hit – draw a card from the top of the deck and add the value to your total number of points in your hand. You may continue hitting until you bust or decide to stand.
- Stand – you cannot draw any further cards from the deck and the dealer will play his or her hand.
- Split – if your first cards are the same value, split them up into two hands, with each hand being dealt a second card. The game will continue with you playing the two hands against the dealer. You will be required to place a second bet equal to your first wager so that you have one bet on each hand.
- Double down – you agree to take just one more card before standing. You will need to double your original bet and once you have doubled down you are stuck with the three cards in hand.
Different Online Blackjack Games
There are several different variations for online blackjack Canada, including:
- Atlantic City Blackjack Gold – produce by Microgaming, this version is like Vegas Strip Blackjack and players play with 8 standard 52-card decks. The cards are shuffled after every hand and you may double down on any two cards and even double after a split. The dealer must hit on a total of 16 and may stand on a total of 17.
- Multi-hand Atlantic City Blackjack – play up to 5 hands in one go with this version that uses 5 decks of 52 cards and allows you to double down after a split or after splitting Aces.
- European Blackjack Gold – also a Microgaming version of online blackjack, the rules are the same as its European counterpart and it is played with 4 decks.
Hints and Tips for Winning at Blackjack
There are a few different strategies that can increase your chances of winning when you play blackjack online.
- Always hit a soft 17
- Double down on 11
- Split 8s and aces
- Stand on a hard 17 or more
- Don’t split 5s or 10s
- Don’t stand on 12 through 16 if the dealer’s hand shows a 7 or higher
Online blackjack Canada is a thrilling game of strategy and just a little luck. Cash out after a good run of winning hands and don’t get stressed out by the losses!